Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream
In my constant quest to find sweet treats that are guilt free and good for me, I came across a recipe for banana ice cream made from nothing other than bananas! I added cocoa powder and peanut butter and created something super tasty.
This recipe is dairy free, soya free and with no added sugar, is a great treat for the little ones.
These quantities make enough ice cream for two adult portions.
- 2 Frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon of organic cocoa powder (I use Green and Blacks organic and Fairtrade cocoa powder)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter (I use Meridian smooth peanut butter. 100% peanuts, that’s it!)
- Peel and chop the bananas and pop them in the freezer overnight (or at least 4 hrs if you want the ice cream that same day. As long as they’re properly frozen, you’re good to go!)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and on the fastest setting, blitz everything together.
- At first the mixture will resemble bread crumbs but keep mixing and it will transform into smooth ice cream in front of your very eyes!